Maryland

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Country Fair

Unfortunately, today is the last day that I write this blog in Maryland. I can't believe that!!
However, we went to the Montgomery County Agricultural Fair in Gaithersburg, Maryland. It was my first time to go to Fair. I imagined that the fair was kind of Japanese festival(We call it 'Matsuri' in Japanese) , so I was surprised the big scale of the Fair. Japanese 'Matsuri' is more relogious event. It usually takes part in at shrine. There were also many booths which selle cotton candies, junk food and so on, but there were no animals, atractions. The pig race attracted to me the most. I wonder why they run straight. They were amazing. Maybe, I wan't eat pork briefly.
I hard that, fair is swarming with of all ages in America. Although there are same kind of fair in Japan, it is not common. I think this difference comes from the scale of farming. I said that 'Matsuri' is more rerigious event, it is because Japanese people wished to have a good crop of rice for god. I want to know more about American fair.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nina Liakos said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Nina Liakos said...

In America, we have state fairs (ours is in Timonium, near Baltimore), county fairs, and little festivals called "street fairs". An agricultural fair provides an opportunity for farmers (and children of farmers) to show the results of their labors throughout the year. Many products are shown and judges: animals, vegetables, fruits, handicrafts, art, photography.... the list goes on. In addition, as you saw yesterday, the fair provides a venue for local and national organizations (nonprofit, political, and more) to spread their messages. Fairs are fun for those who visit, too. I always enjoy going to the county fair (the one we went to is the largest county fair on the East Coast of America!).

9:56 AM  
Blogger Ji Won said...

Hey everyone, This is Ji Won! By the time you read this, you'll be in Japan. I miss you guys already! I hope everyone had a safe and comfortable flight back. I have the album of our pictures posted on my website, so please e-mail me at Jiwonyii@hotmail.com as soon as you read this message. That way I can send you my login & password for the website. Once I have everyone's email addresses, I'll send out a message to all of you, okay? Talk to you again soon!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It was my first time at one of these fairs too. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself!!! I hope that someday you can come back to America and go to another fair.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Hi Kokoro, I am waiting to read a post from you! And--have you signed up for our Google Group yet?

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home