Maryland

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Guitar Concert

Last night, we had a guitar concert at the lobby of Quality Inn. Mr.Phan who played the guitar is staying the same hotel, and Mr. Uchida made friends to him and his family. It was my first time to hear the live performance of the classic guitar(More over, it was very close!) . I love the sound of the classic guitar, so it was wonderful experience. The mellow sound made me relax. After the concert, he said that ' Music is relogion' . I couldn't understand what he really want to say, but I was impressed by that word.
I think the power of music is stronger than that of words. In fact, sometime I couldn't understand what Mr. Phan said, but I felt his feeling from his playing last night. I want to buy his CD in Japan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ji Won said...

By calling music a "religion," he wanted to deliver the message that in order to be a musician, you need to be passionate about music and be able to sacrifice your time, soul, and much more to it, just as you do with religion. Nice blog. ^^

8:04 AM  
Blogger Nina Liakos said...

I love classical guitar music. I wish I had heard Mr. Phan play!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Mr. Phan was amazing, wasn't he?? It's amazing how he could produce so many different melodies at the same time. I want to buy his CD too!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home