Maryland

Monday, August 07, 2006

Washington DC

Aug.4
After the English class, we went to Washington DC to listento the jazz concert. It was taken place in the NGA sclupture park. There were many artistic sclupture. Some of them were difficult to understand but they attracted me a lot.
It was the first time to go to the Washington DC. The city was more beautiful than I thought. Washington DC is very looks like Tokyo, but the atmosphere of the city is very diffrent. Tokyo has a frenetic atomosphere, on the other hand, DC has a peaceful atomosphere. I liked it.

Aug.5
We saw many monuments and museams in Washington DC. WW2 memorial park impressed me the most. It was very hot but the beautiful fountain made me cool. The park was looked like the Peace Memorial Park in Nagasaki.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Hello - did you enjoy "DC"??

8:53 AM  
Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Hi Kokoro, I don't think it's necessary to "understand" some of those sculptures. They don't represent anything; they are just form and (sometimes) color. I think some modern art is weird, but like you, I like some of it very much. My personal favorite in the NGA Sculpture Garden is the typewriter eraser!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Kokoro!

I can understand what you mean about D.C. and Tokyo. I don't think they look very similar - Tokyo is mostly full of huge skyscrapers, but it has its own beauty! I haven't been to Tokyo too many times yet, but it does seem to be pretty frantic.

You might not have heard this before, but supposedly the lifestyle on the East Coast is much more frantic than that of the West Coast. I've heard that about America, but it might be the same about Japan too! (For example, about Kantou and Kansai!)

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home